In co-operation with Muis Halal Certification Strategic Unit, this programme is a mandatory course to acquire the Halal Certification in Singapore. Conducted in a different format, it consists of 1-day classroom training and 5-hour mobile learning (access is given after payment is made, prior to the classroom session. Depending on the payment, learners typically will have 3 to 4 weeks to complete the module).
This course aims to equip food service industry operations-level staff specifically to perform tasks that will support the achievement of Halal Certification and maintenance of the Singapore Muis Halal Quality Management System (HalMQ). This course is conducted in English Language. Participants must be able to read and write in English.
- Establish Halal status of food products
- Advise on changes or renewal of Halal application
- Interpret Halal certificates by applying knowledge of the various application schemes
- Identify roles and responsibilities in Halal team structure
- Execute control measures to mitigate Halal threats, by applying knowledge of the various application schemes, scope of certification, and requirements for transportation of Halal products
- Maintain documentation in accordance to Halal Certification requirements
- Follow best practices and take corrective actions for Halal-related breaches
Other Relevant Details
Operational level staff who are comfortable with technology-enabled learning tools such as Gnowbe app.
- Proficiency in English Language
- Comfortable in reading, interpreting and participating in mobile content materials
SDF grants are available for Singaporeans and Permanent Residents.
Click here to view the Blended Learning video